I started this project some weeks ago.
This notebook was inspired by these:
I took the page block out of one of my salvaged vintage books and made a new one, with lots of interesting papers.
Two points on bookbinding that I've learned:
* Use a flexible glue--and enough glue, one my first books had a problem with splitting along the spine when the page block didn't have enough glue
* It's extremely important to be a perfectionist with measurements. I ran into trouble with pages falling out due to misalignment.
I added lots of pockets and envelopes. The green floral is made from some special vintage paper I've been hoarding.
I used some of my trims from Tinsel Trading co. and thick twine to form bookmarks.
Patterned papers designed by moi. There are cardstock pocket/pages spaced throughout.
I added a bunch of vellum pages too. Esp. vintage wallpaper patterns and vintage maps.
I have been saving some salvaged vintage childrens encyclopedias for use in mixed media projects. I used a few of those pages and some vintage bookplate-pages.
And...throughout the book I distributed a bunch of labels, some vintage and some handmade.
So now I have finally finished this book, made for dreaming and scheming and sketching.