Monday

Create Fan Garland: a tutorial

Originally, I was just going to post pictures of this garland, however, I thought I show you how to make it too...

Photobucket

I made this to hang in the gilded bee "studio".

Photobucket

SUPPLIES:
* 1 yard twine/string

* hot glue gun and glue

* white craft glue

* Six--11 x 1 inch strips of cardstock

* 1" circle punch or 1 inch circle to use to trace

* sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch white cardstock/ printed with your "create" clip-art letters

* decorative scissors

* glitter

Photobucket


Step 1. Punch or trace circles over your printed letters

Step 2. Using your decorative scissors, trim along one of the sides (lengthwise) of each of your 11 x 1 cardstock strips, then fold, accordian-style (about 1/2 inch pleats)

Step 3. {I spaced all of my "flags" about 1 cm. apart, all are equal distances from the center of my string} apply a bead of hot glue to the end pleat of the cardstock, insert twine into the fold and press down to secure, repeat with the other end of the strip.

Repeat with the other 5 strips.


Photobucket


Step 4. The strips will form springy loops, press them down, and gather them towards the string, apply a dot of hot glue and hold for at least 10 seconds so that it will hold its 1/2 circle fan shape.

Step 5. apply a dot of hot glue onto the back of your "C" letter and adhere to the first fan on the left end of the garland.

Repeat with your other letters.


Photobucket



Step 6.

As a final touch I smudged a little white craft glue to the edges of the fans and dipped them into some glitter (allow to dry, if the glue is slow drying, lay the garland out on some wax paper to dry before hanging)

Photobucket


{be sure to click to enlarge/to print clip art}

Photobucket

happy creating! ;)

12 comments:

  1. This turned out soooo cute!!! I think I'll make a couple for womens craft night Friday, as a little give-away!! Thanks for the idea and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bucket of glitter looked like miracle grow at first glance. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could use miracle grow jonathan, but it just wouldn't be the same ;p :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! What an adorable banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this idea! It turned out so cute, I may have to make one, too. Thanks for the instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cute...I adore this idea:)...Thank you for that:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog, it's soo cute! I am now your newest follower! :)
    x Beth
    http://deerlittlefawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete