Tuesday

the blue ribbon board

I have been painting for hours today...
One of the things that I have been working on is a ribbon inspiration board...
ribbon board
Blue+white+stripes+satin+grosgrain
ribbon board

ribbon board

ribbon board

ribbon board
I took a primed canvas, and painted it with a sort of Tiffany blue (the paint is called "cloudless)
Then adhered/wove the ribbon across the surface.
I tried using staples to attach the ribbon, however, it was causing a lot damage to the ribbon, so I switched to hot glue.
ribbon board

8 comments:

  1. This is a really nice project! I really love the use of thick and thin ribbon, Ive usually only seen these made with one type of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a clever idea! thanks for posting this. your project looks really lovely!

    painting or stretching a layer of fabric over a cork board is another idea for making an inspiration board! :)

    feathersofgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Jessica :)
    I have been working on 4 corkboards too. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful board!! i love those things! it looks so much better than the ones you can buy in the store!!
    xoxo
    tod @ http://bibliochicshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you ;)
    I'm one of those people that collects TONS of ribbons. I have had the good fortune of being present at a couple of clearout sales, thus my ribbon and trim hoard got much bigger.
    Esp. blue ribbons :D

    ReplyDelete