an ornate dresser
I finished another one of "the mint pieces" today. This one is a little different, the details are in the paint, rather than the carving.
I used my Japanese stamps and a couple of other rose stamps to create an over-the-top fanciful pattern.
I used browns, lots of gold, and green acrylic paints.
For some reason, these heavy, brass pulls seemed to work with this piece.
This is way more gorgeous than these photos show.
I am so pleased with the way this dresser turned out. I covered the top and drawer fronts with the flower/rose patterns. It is a sort of design where Sweden meets Morocco.
A close up of the drawer front.
This dresser is not vintage. I bought it at a flea market for less than $10 if I remember correctly. I didn't get some before pics (I forgot). It was scrubby and scratched up.
I wasn't able to capture how cool the gold paint looks, it just looks sort of brown. It adds a nice touch.