Thursday

the birdcage

Photobucket

I have been saving some little vintage flocked birds for a special project.
I found the perfect one.
I have been observing some lights/lamps that look like birdcages, I thought that they looked really cool, however, the glare of the lightbulb would be a bit bright.
I decided to make one anyway.
First, I found an appliance light bulb (7 watts?) --it's very cute, and just right for the job.
I got some 0.25 inch wire screen (I think the normal use is landscape related) and looped the cut edges over the opposite edge to form a sort of column, and then secured it to the light cord with some wire.

Photobucket

To form perches, I snipped some wooden skewers to fit the cage, and tacked with a little glue.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment